The Physician Biller/Collector position is responsible for supplying clerical and billing function support to the Georgia Eye Institute of the Southeast, LLC billing office. The position is also responsible for effectively following up with payors and patients to ensure payments are received in a timely manner.
The candidate should be able to:
- Demonstrate general knowledge in ICD-10 and CPT coding methodologies and criteria to ensure compliance with governmental regulations and minimize audit (revenue recoupment; maximize physician reimbursements; and favorable management of A/R days and re-work)
- Demonstrate routine proficiency in accurate and timely processing of charge data, payment posting and related credit adjustments, registration and insurance information
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly assignments to ensure accurate and timely claim processing by all governmental and third party payers
- Document all billing related activity under patient accounts on the billing system to provide a dependable audit trail
- Maintain current knowledge of all regulations and standards to ensure compliance of all processes and policies regarding claim submission, financial policies, including all local, state and federal guidelines pertaining to claim processing