Basic Purpose/Job Summary
This position is responsible for the accurate accumulation of patient information and specified testing in preparing patient's for ophthalmologist's exam and assisting ophthalmologist in patient care and education, accomplished through patient care and efficient office flow.
Education Specific Training/Special Skills: Job Roles
- Accurately and efficiently recording ophthalmologists' exam from verbal communications to patient records (when fully trained and evaluated in all other areas).
- Correct screening and questioning patient of medical and ocular history and chief complaint (within one month of hire date).
- Determining by objective testing what combination of optical lenses results in optical correction of the eye (begin trainingwithin 6 months - fluent within 1 year).
- Measurement of visual acuity, color vision, stereopsis, glare test (Contrast sensitivity), Amsler grid and Confrontation Fields (within one month).
- Operate special instruments and acquire accurate readings of Tonometry (measurement of intraocular pressure), Lensometry (neutralization of glasses), Keratometry (measurement of corneal curvatures), Pupil evaluation (measurement of pupils), within 3 months.
- Physically handicapped, visually handicapped, pediatric, children and geriatric patients (immediately).
- Preparing and assisting in lasers and minor office surgical procedures (laser within 3 months; minor office surgery after trained in transcribing).
- Review and explain patient's exam, ophthalmologists' instructions and follow up plan (when trained in transcribing).
- World Class--Makes a positive impression on customers by behaving in ways that are warm, welcoming, professional and helpful. Displays mutual Respect for patients, physicians, team members, visitors, and family/significant others.
- Demonstrates actions of responsibility via keeping interior and exterior surroundings clean and orderly; dressing professionally and displaying team member identification badge at collar level; presenting Ga Eye in a positive light to others; and providing constructive criticism in order to improve Ga Eye.
- Behaves in a trustful manner by communicating openly and honestly; following through with assignments; behaving in a fair and consistent manner; and supporting teamwork at all levels of the organization.
- Seeks opportunities to incorporate Enjoyment in the workplace by celebrating accomplishments of the organization, self, and others; and helping to remove barriers to enjoyment in the workplace.
- Strives to exceed patient satisfaction expectations and quality and financial benchmarks.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the team member occupying this position. Team members will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisors and/or management as required. Georgia Eye Institute of the Southeast reserves the right to revise or change position description job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment for any term.